Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kaleidoscope Purchases Made "Scenic"

I got my Kaleidoscope furniture from fab.com this week.  Then I went to my local source for "stuff," the Scrap Box, and here's what I came up with.  Not sure I like the dining room part..a little austere.  Maybe I will redo it.






Sofa, coffee table, dining table and chairs are Kaleidoscope House furniture. Shelf is dollar store find I spray painted. The black chest of drawers is from my sister's childhood, also spray painted. Eames chair is reac. Items from The Scrap Box are wallpaper samples used as floor and wall coverings, an upholstery sample used as the picture above sofa, and the flowers in the vase. Mirror and china are from our local Treasure Mart. Wall art is from Michaels and The Scrap Box. Frame on shelf is a Romare Bearden print in a spray painted Barbie frame. Blue vase is a bead. Heart on shelf is a buckle from a Brighton key fob that fell apart. Fire hydrant is from my son's toys. Rock is a Petoskey stone, the state stone of Michigan. On the chest is coral and Barbie candles on a black dish from my sibling's childhood. Buddha is from a local Tibet store.  Apples are erasers on a vintage German tray from my childhood.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you got your already! My tracking says Monday. Woo hoo! I did some damage that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, They did take a long time! I a looking forward to seeing what you will do with your buys as you always have cool ideas. Yes, I had a lot of things in my cart, but winnowed it a bit. My husband was standing over my shoulder and I felt a bit guilty. Not that he has ever fussed at me for my new little indulgence.
    Peace,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gefällt mir sehr gut! Besonders das erste Bild ist toll!
    Bin jetzt zu müde für mehr, bis bald mal ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Petra, Ich freue mich sehr wenn es dir gefaellt! Danke und Gute Nacht.

    ReplyDelete