Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nod to Neomi and Thanks to Monika and The Weather

Neomi made a wonderful Seder post which inspired me (A second to the Seder and A Happy Passover to You All) and Monika sent me a whole bunch of wonderful stuff so this post is for them. Ironically, the things Monika sent included the same credenza as Neomi used in a different color.

The tent is all decked out for a wonderful afternoon..springtime in Michigan. Sulu takes a photo before the guests arrive.









Tent is an Ikea tote for stuffed animals. Credenza and cabinet are Modella from Monika....THANKS! Other items from Monika are: lanterns and luminarias, most of the plants, cake on table, most of the dishes, table, teapot and cups on table, and coffee maker. Oese gave me the souffle. Cake on credenza is an Iwako eraser. Chairs are CB Christmas ornaments. Plant stand is from the Barbie Mall. Flowers on credenza are Barbie. Flowers on table are vintage German from my childhood. I made the pillows.

Thanks to Neomi for the wonderful inspiration...your post is much better!

Now for the miniaturist's truth.  I took the tent outside because it was such a pretty day. If you look closely at the pics, you will notice that there is a chain link fence and a fence post in the photo. And you can see the corner of our neighbor's house all big and out of scale. Also, when I took the tent outside...very carefully, I thought...I did not notice that the teapot had lost its lid and that the cups were tilted. Well this hobby isn't really about perfection; it's all about FUN. 

13 comments:

  1. this is really great! thanks for sharing! I want such a tent too, will visit IKEA soon.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Doris
    I'm honored to be the inspiration for such a wonderful scene! Its so spring spirited! what is the tent? and all the dishes, flowers and acessories are just wonderful!What is the tent? is this a summer bag like the one I keep my barbies in?
    love the dishes and cakes!
    Happy Easter
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. how come you've no comment...... I made a long speech!
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neomi, I haven't been on the computer since you wrote your essay! You are funny. The tent is from Ikea; it is a carrier for stuffed animals. Maybe I can find the picture from the catalog and show you.
    I'm glad you liked the scene; you are the reason for it. Thanks for the compliments. It was fun taking it outside.
    By the way, my laptop does something really stupid. It will not let me respond on the same computer on which I post. So I have to cut in on my husband on our PC to respond. So that makes me kind of slow.
    Your friend, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Oese,
    Thanks; so glad you like it. I am trying to think of more things to use the tent for...we will have to use each other to trade ideas.
    Deine Freundin,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liking the variation on a theme and the flower stand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool. It's nice to see an out-of-doors scene. Lovin' the tent =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Doris,

    die Idee mit der Plüschtiertragetasche von Ikea ist einfach genial (Miniblick?).
    Danke, dass Du diesen Post für mich gemacht hast. Ich freue mich sehr.
    Und brauchtest Du nun 4 weiße Stühle????

    Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland von Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Monika, Ja, ein Miniblick...manchmal habe Ich es auch. Ich habe die Stuehle gerade gekauft und brache sie nicht. I liebe die Igloo Stuehle so.
    Es freut mich auch dass du das Post gern hast.
    I wuensche dich besser Wetter!
    Von Ueber das Wasser,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi studioseven, It's fun to take a bit from each other from time to time. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete